Back, Neck & Shoulder Massage
What is a back, neck and shoulder massage?
This treatment focuses on the build-up of stress and muscle tension in all areas around the neck, shoulders and across the back.
Depending on the type of pressure you desire, the therapist will work on a stiff lower back or loosening any muscular knots commonly located between the shoulder blades and tops of the shoulders.
What are the benefits of having a back, neck and shoulder massage?
Back, neck and shoulder massages can offer several health benefits. They can encourage relaxation, relieve stress, improve circulation and relax muscles. This treatment is good for relieving tension headaches, improving flexibility and can help to strengthen the immune system.
The treatment can also be good for:
• easing stress and muscular tension in the back area resulting from a deskbound or sedentary job
• when you require some much-needed relaxation but are short on time
• clarifying the skin on your back before a special occasion (see add-on options to include a back scrub as part of this treatment)
• hydrating and nourishing dry skin with the application of carrier and/or aromatherapy oils
• improved circulation, muscle tone, boosting lymph and blood circulation to aid detoxification